Kathleen KelavaRegistered Psychologist (#4818); BComm and MC
I am constantly amazed at the resilience we all show, as we navigate our lives amidst the challenges that invariably arise! Sometimes the demands on us outweigh the resources we have available at that moment. It takes a courageous person to recognize the need for, and to request and accept, support. I am honoured every time clients invite me to join them along their journeys toward improved insight, skill, interaction, and overall living. I explore change on individual and systemic bases – both approaches are often beneficial. As a former police officer, and a mother to 3 children with some exceptional needs, I understand how tough life can get and how we can find the “tough” within ourselves to “get going” and rise above! I would be thrilled to work with you, your family, and your systems. Raise the bar and raise the roof!
Why Kathleen chose her team members:
- Austin: mindful, skillful, and pragmatic
- Nichola: thorough, genuine, and purposeful
- Cindy: humourous, connective, and creative
- Karli: passionate, curious, and advocative
- Harleen: insightful, patient, and compassionate
- Peter: direct, intense, and visionary
- Learning Disabilities and Intellectual Disabilities (offering comprehensive psycho-educational assessment: cognitive, academic, and social/emotional/behavioural profiles)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) [offering Habit Reversal Therapy (HRT); Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)]
- Family Dynamics (including Family Restructuring Therapy)
- Tourette’s Syndrome and Tic Disorders (offering Comprehensive Behavioural Intervention for Tics – CBIT)
- Substance Use and Addiction
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma (including in first-responder clients)
- School Support (including connecting with school personnel to ensure students are well-equipped to succeed in their given school settings)
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
austin brown sparks
Austin Brown Sparks Registered Psychologist (#4925); BA, MC
Does life feel more overwhelming than ever? For youth, young adults, and parents, even small decisions seem to come with endless complications. I am here to help you feel capable and confident in making decisions, no matter how big or small. We will work together to help you get past paralyzing walls of confusion and fear; to a place where you can feel calm and confident when making choices. If you are an individual looking for confidence, or a parent looking for empowerment, I am here to help you let go of the weight of second guessing, so your days can be something to look forward to instead of something to dread.
Austin works with children, youth, and young adults, and also engages in parenting work. Austin is available on Saturdays, in-person and virtually.
- Behavioural Issues (including Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD))
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Empowered Parenting
- Family Conflict
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Relational Dynamics
- Sleep Issues and Insomnia
- Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Nichola CrossRegistered Psychologist (#5298); BA, MEd
Hello! I am a Registered Psychologist who offers comprehensive psycho-educational assessments for children, teens, and adults. Are you experiencing difficulties at school, work, or completing daily tasks?
I love connecting with families and individuals, and putting all the pieces of the puzzle together to help you understand your profile and find the best supports. I earned my Master’s degree in School and Applied Child Psychology from the University of Calgary, and I am a registered member with the College of Alberta Psychologists and the Psychologists’ Association of Alberta. I have experience conducting assessments within private practice and within a school board. I’d love to use a collaborative approach to help enhance your success and help you meet your goals.
- Learning Disabilities
- Intellectual disabilities
- PDD/ AISH
- Transition to Post-Secondary
- Behavioural Disorders
Cindy WoolfreyADHD & Executive Function Consultant; BKin, BEd, MEd
Cindy Woolfrey holds a Master’s in Education, and Undergraduate degrees in both Education and Kinesiology. She is presently finishing a Master’s in Counselling Psychology. Cindy recently completed a very successful (400+-hour) practicum placement, under the supervision of Kathleen Kelava of Pinnacle Psych. She has been a teacher for 18 years, working primarily with youth and families. She has extensive education and experience working with ADHD and executive-function considerations, in schools, her practicum placement, and in her personal life.
Karli OlexynPracticum Student; BA
Hi! I’m Karli, and I am a practicum student under the supervision of Kathleen Kelava. My work experience is primarily working with parents and kiddos on the Autism Spectrum. I’m very enthusiastic and passionate about what I do! I am currently in my last year of a Master of Counseling program, and am working on completing my thesis on weight stigma in counseling interventions. I am an intuitive, empathetic, and playful person, who carries the weight of my responsibility as a counsellor earnestly. I look forward to working together!
Harleen SangheraPracticum Student; BHSc
Hello! My name is Harleen, and I am a practicum student under the supervision of Kathleen Kelava. I am currently completing a Master of Education in Counseling Psychology at the University of Lethbridge. I adopt a holistic approach to explore individual, community, and systemic factors impacting one’s well-being. I honour the fact that you are the expert of your own experience. During our time together, we will collaboratively learn and unlearn. I will hold space for your uniqueness and strive to create a safe, inclusive space where I will help you meet your goals. Being a part of your journey is my privilege – I look forward to meeting you!
Peter KelavaBComm, MBA
Peter is a direct, tenacious, creative, insightful, and experienced business consultant. He is exceptionally skilled at strategy and operations streams of business, and excels at combining micro, meso, and macro levels of vision and tactics. He has spent his career as a leader in the telecommunications, aviation, and energy sectors, and has helped to propel his colleagues and reports to the next level of their own games. Peter is ready to support entry-, mid-, and upper-level management people take it to the next level and far beyond.